Preserve, Conserve, Protect
Without all of you, we wouldn’t be able to accomplish all we do.
We welcome your membership, and active participation. Volunteers are always needed for various jobs throughout the year. Members receive an annual Newsletter and e-mail notification of special events, educational programs, exhibits, tours and volunteer work days.
Some of you are new to us and eager to learn more about the Trust; others have given generously for many years. Without all of you, we wouldn’t be able to accomplish all we do.
Your contributions make it possible for us, with leveraged funding from grants and volunteer labor, to:
- – Create a 20 acre Oak Regeneration Area where new species of plants and animals are already being observed
- – Upgrade and clean up and clear our 7 mile recreational trail system
- – Begin a New England Cottontail (bunny) Habitat improvement stand, also 20 acres
- – Build upon a well-established Historic Quarry Museum exhibit at the Mullen House, with new exhibits of additional artifacts
- – Provide an outdoor recreation destination for many hundreds of visitors annually
- – Remove five truckloads of trash that had accumulated over the past decade
- – Update and reprint the Historic Quarry brochure
- – Revise and improve the on-trail maps and blazes
- – Give lectures on the history of the Quarry
- – Collaborate with other conservation organizations and governmental agencies regarding wildlife habitat and protection of environmentally sensitive areas
I hope you will continue to enjoy this special place in Becket and will give generously to help us stay on-course with all of our ongoing projects. I encourage you to join us on our led hikes to learn more about the Historic Quarry and the Wildlife and Forest Management Area.
BECOME A MEMBER
To become a member, please print and complete the membership application available as a Word Document or as a .pdf Document
(Printing the membership application in .pdf format requires that you have Adobe Reader installed on your computer. If you do not have this program it is available free of charge at Adobe Acrobat software.)
Mail it with your check to us at PO Box 44, Becket, MA 01223.
If you would like more information about membership please email us at landtrust@BecketLandTrust.org. Or send us a message from the Contact Page.